We're on day 6 of me posting once a day and I'm just going to have to say that today I wasn't feeling it. Not because I'm out of ideas already of things to talk about or because I'm being lazy about it. I really didn't want to post because well... I'm exhausted. I know, what you're thinking. Saying I'm exhausted is complaining and since I'm actively trying to not complain and to focus on the positive things in my life, I'm actually going against the main point of this project. However, it doesn't change the fact that I'm extremely tired and burnt out.

I love my adorable 2 year old baby boy, but that little guy has the worst sleeping patterns. He always has and I have a feeling he always will. Usually my husband and I are able to control his sleeping patterns enough that we get a solid 7-8 hours of sleep a night. Lately though, his sleeping schedule has gone from him going to bed extremely late to him still being up when the sun rises in the morning. Most days I have huge bags under my eyes and I rely heavily on coffee. Today was morning number 3 of what we'll call the "sunrise showdown" and my body just couldn't take it anymore. I went from feeling tired to feeling awful. My head hurt, my body ached, and my stomach felt like it was doing a backflip.

I'm so thankful that my husband is always willing to come to my rescue. This morning he got up extremely early to stay up with my son. He was the one who got my daughter dressed and ready for school. He also took the kids to play outside after work and he even stayed up tonight to put them to bed so I could rest without having to worry about doing a thing.

My husband and I may bump heads often (more often now that we're on a special duty assignment for the Marine Corps), but I'm so lucky to have him in my life. I seriously don't thank him enough, praise him enough, and tell him much I love him often enough. So tonight's post is simple: love your husband more. That dude may not pick up his dirty socks, he may forget to do the dishes even after you've "kindly" asked him to do it 3 times, and he may forget something when he runs out to the store, but the fact of the matter is YOU LOVE HIM. Otherwise, why stay married?

So here's my promise. Over the next 359 days (how many days left on my journey)....
I will tell my husband I love him more often.
I will kiss him good morning and good night every. single. day.
I will listen to his silly sports stories more and try to be a better active listener in the stories he tells me.
I will thank him more often for being the most loving, kindest person I know.
I will try to hold his hand more, even if it seems impossible with two kids running inbetween us.
I will try harder to go on more date nights and dinners out alone because he's just as important as my kids. 
I will tell every person I know, as often as I'd like, how wonderful he is and how lucky I am to have found him.
Lastly, I will just love him more. My husband deserves every ounce of my love because I know he gives me every bit of his. We've been married for almost nine years now and I know our love will only get stronger as the years go on.

Feel free to comment and tell me one thing you love about your significant other. <3


One Comment

  1. Cyber toast to awesome husbands! What I love about my husband is that he still loves me no matter how crazy I get =D

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.